Call and Win on GEMTV Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays after midnight from 1am to 3am.
Watch us live on GemTV! Also live stream to your computer and your mobile at 9now.com.au at https://www.9now.com.au/live/gem
Call TV Pty Ltd (ABN 78 606 199 768) (Call TV or We/we or Our/our or Us/us) is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information.
- to administer a trade promotion, including information provided over the phone either automatically recorded or verbally by an individual;
- our online properties (here and after, a "Website") including, but not limited to http://www.callandwin.com.au/;
- any other means through which an individual provides personal information to Call TV, including either physically or electronically.
Personal information is important to Call TV
- Call TV is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. It recognises that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, Call TV will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
- Personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. Your first and last name, date of birth, gender, home address, contact telephone number, mobile telephone number, email address and employment details are examples of information which may constitute personal information. Personal information may also include information we may collect about your individual preferences.
Anonymity and pseudonymity
- Where practicable, we will allow you to deal with us on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis. If this is practicable, our Collection Channels will only seek information in this way. However, where it is not practicable for the purposes for which information is collected, we will seek the information identified below. It will not be practicable to deal with you on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis when we wish to send you direct marketing materials or need to provide you with goods or services requested by you.
Kinds of Personal Information that Call TV Collects and Holds
- Personal information that may be requested includes, but is not limited to:
- contact information such as your full name, date of birth, telephone number, mobile telephone number, current and valid email address, residential address and postcode;
- location information;
- more detailed contact preferences;
- information or opinions about you recorded as a result of your participation in any of our trade promotions;
- information regarding your personal interests and interesting and relevant information about you;
- the contact details of third parties. If you are asked to provide details about other people, please ensure that these individuals are happy for their details to be given to Call TV and used for the purposes set out in this policy (which may include using their details for marketing purposes); and
- any other relevant personal information requested in connection with a promotion or as part of any Application.
How Call TV Collects and Holds Personal Information
Active Information Collection
- Personal information may be collected (and combined) via our Collection Channels if you:
- purchase a product, make a booking or participate in any way via a Collection Channel;
- subscribe to any newsletters, updates, alerts or news and media releases, or request launch or event information or information about our products or services or other information services as well as third party products or services;
- complete and submit any forms to us;
- contact us directly in person or via any medium including mail, telephone, social media and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) including via the contact details listed on a Website;
- enter into or participate in any offers, promotions or marketing activities;
- download and use a mobile and/or tablet application; or
- interact with or browse a Website generally.
- Personal information is requested in order to enter you into and administer a promotion and facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, and information about such content, products or services (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website), marketing materials (including direct marketing materials), newsletters, electronic newsletters (e-newsletters), news and media releases / launch information, and also to advise you of other Call TV or third party products, services, offers, competitions or events which may be of interest. No one is obligated to provide personal information. However, failure to do so may result in Call TV being unable to include you in a promotion, to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, products or services information, upcoming promotion, competition, offer or event information.
- We may also obtain your personal information from legitimate third party sources including list brokers and other data providers or organisations that share data in circumstances where it is lawful and/or you have given permission for them to do so.
- The collection of personal information is neither intended for, nor directed to, persons who are under the age of eighteen (18) years old. Personal information will not be collected by any person who is known by Call TV to be under the age of eighteen (18) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Persons under age eighteen (18) may only use our Websites with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
Passive Information Collection
- As with many commercial websites, we may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our Websites. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of a Website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where a Website is accessed via links in an email we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or user accessing a Website. By accessing a Website via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing a Website generally, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information.
- Our Websites may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information or personal information and/or information from various third party sources, including as described in paragraph 15, and may combine this anonymous information or personal information with other personal information collected from you to provide better service to Website visitors and users, customise a Website based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve a Website for your use. We may combine your visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies with personally identifiable information from time to time in order to understand and measure your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and services are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing a Website, you consent to information about you being collected, compiled and used in this way.
Purposes for which Call TVcollects, holds, uses and discloses personal information
- Personal information collected will be used for the following primary purposes:
- For the purposes stated in a privacy collection statement [http://www.callandwin.com.au/tv-game-show-call-and-win-promotion/collection-statement/] on a particular Collection Channel.
- To enter you into and administer promotions.
- To contact you and award prizes (if applicable) in relation to a promotion.
- To maintain the functionality of a Website, including the provision of information to you relating to the content available on the Website and e-commerce transactions conducted via the Website.
- To send you any technical, administrative or legal notices important to our Websites.
- To choose entrants, winners and participants for our promotions.
- To provide you with information about your transactions (including uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website), content, services and products.
- To provide direct marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions in person and via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel.
- To maintain our relationship with you.
- To render services related to the company of Call TV (such as after sales services and enquiries).
- To provide you with newsletters via mail and electronic newsletters (e-newsletters) via commercial electronic messages.
- To respond to customer enquiries, complaints and complaints handling.
- To improve Website and system administration.
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other research and development.
- To use a winner of a promotion's name, image and their comments relating to a prize for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide.
- To record statistical data for marketing analysis and to conduct market research.
- To share personal information with Call TV group companies, our promotional partners, television networks and their related bodies corporate, audiences, and other trusted third parties in the manner described below.
- Any other purpose as may be deemed reasonably necessary by Call TV in the circumstances.
- For the purposes described above, personal information may be shared with Call TV group companies, Call TV promotional partners, television networks and their related bodies corporate, Production audiences, and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants and agents) either in Australia or overseas, including, but not limited to New Zealand, North America and European Union. Failure to provide personal information may result in Call TV being unable to include you in a promotion or to provide you with certain content, information, upcoming promotion, event or product information and/or accept promotion entries (where applicable).
- In order to operate a Website or deliver a service (including for example, processing of credit card payments), personal information may also be shared with Call TV group companies, selected service providers, television networks and their related bodies corporate, and/or other trusted third parties either in Australia or overseas, including, but not limited to New Zealand, North America and European Union. Call TV group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties may be engaged by Call TV to perform a variety of functions, such as data storage, fulfilling orders, conducting market research, processing credit card payments, assisting with promotions and providing technical services for our Websites. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions. Your credit card details are only used to facilitate your booking and/or purchase. They are not used for any other purpose and will never be supplied to a third party other than Call TV.
Contact byCall TV
- Call TV group companies (and their directors, servants and agents), Call TV promotional partners, television networks and their related bodies corporate or trusted third parties (and other selected service providers and other non-Call TV companies or professionals) either in Australia or overseas, may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact you in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above.
- Despite removing your name from the database from receiving future advertising and marketing information, Call TV may send you non-commercial "Administrative Emails". Administrative Emails relate to a Call TV user account and may include administrative and transaction confirmations, requests and inquiries or information about a particular Call TV user account. If you do not wish to receive such communications from Call TV, you may remove your name from the database by utilising the functional unsubscribe facility.
Ability of others to view information
- Call TV may provide areas on a Website where you can upload user-generated content, post or provide information about yourself, communicate with other users, provide reviews for content, products and/or services or interact with or vote on particular content. This information may be shared with others and may be publically posted on our Websites, including without limitation, other social media platforms and other public forums in which you choose to participate. This information may become publically available and may be read, collected and used by others outside of our Shine is not responsible for the conduct of others who may read, collect and use this information.
Your right of access
- You have the right to access and review your personal information that may be recorded on the Call TV Information may be reviewed by contacting Call TV's privacy officer via email: email@example.com. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
- On a case by case basis Call TV may determine that it is not required to give an individual access to personal information to the extent that it is lawful for Call TV to do so. If such a determination is made then Call TV will provide you with a written notice.
- Where you are seeking information held on electronic file, or where you are seeking hard copies of personal information, we reserve the right to charge reasonable handling/ postage fees as appropriate.
- With some personal information that may, for example where it is held on program tapes, it is not practical to provide this information to you without charging an appropriate fee as we deem reasonable in those circumstances.
Changing and deleting the information we have about you
- Information contained on the database may be amended, or your preferences for contact from us changed, by contacting Call TV's privacy officer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
- In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in Call TV declining your Application to appear in a Production and being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain transactions (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website), other content, services or product information, upcoming promotion, competition or event information, and/or provide certain content, goods or services.
- If you are involved in our Productions, your personal information will be used in connection with the production and promotion of those Productions for the duration of their broadcast and distribution, and may also be sent outside Australia for the same reasons. Please contact Call TV's privacy officer via email: email@example.com with any questions concerning your consent to this.
- We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this policy.
Storage and security of personal information
- Call TV will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded (including your credit card details), and to keep this information accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. The information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. This service may be performed on our behalf and data may be hosted by our selected data storage providers. In some cases these facilities may be overseas, including, but not limited to New Zealand, North America and European Union.
Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients
- In some cases, Call TV may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, including but not limited to recipients in New Zealand, North America and European Union. Call TV employees, data processors and other trusted third parties are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Call TV. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. Call TV will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
Call TV and links to other websites
- Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. Call TV is not responsible, nor does it accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our Websites.
- We may use third party advertisements on our Websites. All third party advertising, if paid for, is paid for by the relevant third party advertisers and are not recommendations or endorsements by Call TV or any of its affiliates. Call TV is not responsible for the content (including representations) of any third party advertisement on a Website. Cookies may be associated with these advertisements to enable the advertiser to track the number of anonymous users responding to the campaign. We do not have access to or control of cookies placed by third parties.
Related Call TV Websites
Sale of the Company
Problems or queries
The Privacy Officer
Call TV Pty Ltd
51 Gottenham Street
Glebe NSW 2037
Telephone: 02 9119 0070
Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed. If you do not receive a satisfactory response from Call TV to your query, problem or complaint within 30 days, you may refer your query, problem or complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via the contact details listed at http://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us-page.
© copyright 2020, CallAndWin.com.au | All rights reserved.